History of Lindal & Marton

A village community at the heart of Furness


Parish Council

New Inn Mining Memorabilia

TIP: Please click on each photo to see a larger version.

The items on this page are selected from a collection of mining memorabilia that was displayed on the walls of the New Inn, Marton. The collection was donated to Lindal & Marton Primary School when the New Inn closed in January 2008.

Back Guards Pit during the 1870s  Hand Boring, Lindal Moor Mines, 1907 Memories with local history specialist Mike Rushton 
 Ulverston Mining Company Ltd, Iron Ore Mines auction, 1885 B46 Trial Pit  Blacksmiths at work at Parrock Pit, Whitriggs  Miners at pithead, unknown location
Miners at pithead, unknown location Lindal Ore Depot Railway Sidings, 1890 Diamond Pit, Winding Engines
Burlington Pit, 1879   Gill Brow, No. 4 Level Ore Shed, Lindal Moor Mines, 1907  Yarlside Pit 

[Go to History]